|Vieira, Ramana / Despi A Alma|
|Album:||Despi A Alma||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-10-14||Pull Date:||2007-12-16||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Dec||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct|
|1.||Nov 27, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Nov 06, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Nov 26, 2007:||It's Arbitrary |
Estranha Forma De Vida
|5.||Oct 30, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Nov 07, 2007:||public noize racket |
Despi A Alma, Barco Negro
|6.||Oct 26, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
A local fadista with a warm, emotional voice perfectly suited to this passionate musical style. Her fado is definitely more contemporary than traditional, with electric & acoustic bass and guitar, piano & keyboards, mandolin, plus drums. So fado purists, be warned. However it’s nicely done and an interesting take on the style. In English and Portuguese.|
1. Slow guitar, soaring vox then a mid/up contemporary fado lament
*2. Midtempo w/a bright sound & honey-sweet vocals.
*3. Emotional vocals, piano, starts slow, gets midtempo, almost jazzy.
4. Slow mandolin. English lyrics then upbeat in Portuguese.
5. Slow, pop-ish love song then midtempo w/a hint of light jazz.
*6. A more traditional sound. Slow, heartfelt, lots of passion.
7. Starts slow, then an upbeat bounce w/some nice vocals & strings.
8. Slow & quiet then vox at 1:11 w/spoken word in back. Gets upbeat.
*9. Another more traditional track. Lyrical w/emotion for days.
10. Midtempo w/a lush, contemporary sound & sense of drama.
11. Slow, in English. A fado/soft rock blend meant to inspire.
|1.||Sem Ti||6.||Estranha Forma De Vida|
|3.||Despi A Alma||8.||Para Amar|
|4.||Leva-Me P'ra Casa||9.||Triste Sina|
|5.||Santa Fe||10.||Cancao Do Mar|
|11.||Fly Angel Fly|