|Various Artists / Brazilian Playground|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2007-11-04||Pull Date:||2008-01-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||18 Nov||11 Nov|
|1.||Apr 19, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Dec 20, 2012:||Cacao! |
Xote Das Meninas, Coco Sacuidido
|2.||Jul 09, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
Tum Tum Tum
|5.||Jan 11, 2008:||No Cover, No Minimum (sub) |
|3.||Sep 10, 2013:||Tropical Tuesday |
Xote Das Meninas
|6.||Jan 08, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Where was Putumayo when I was a kid? This one is typically wonderful featuring kid-friendly bossas, sambas, and forros from stars including Gilberto Gil, Teresa Cristina, and Claudio Jorge. It’s completely charming and every track will make you smile. Whee!|
*1. A midtempo, light, bright, happy little sway.
2. Kids choir opens a short, a relaxed bossa-infused tune w/a bit of jazz.
3. Lazy, mid/downtempo round-song w/guitar & male vocals.
*4. Sweet, wiggly fun w/a contagiously optimistic feeling.
5. Electro-bossa w/harmlessly sexy female vocals.
*6. Deliciously relaxed café jazz w/accordion, guitar, male vox.
7. Mid/up forro w/nicely rough fem vocals & sweet, swaying melody.
*8. Upbeat w/playful vocal duet, strings, perc. A happy la-la-la.
*9. Warm samba w/fem vox/chorus & bright strings. Really engaging.
*10. Bouncy forro w/good vox/chorus & nice accordion tripping along.
11. Lazy, breathy electro-samba w/a contemporary sound.
*12. Great guitar as the chugging train. Fast vocals, fun, too short.
13. Kids choir, male vox, guitar. Gentle, low-key, picks up. Bright.