|Treasure Don / Sound Warrior|
|Add Date:||2007-10-21||Pull Date:||2007-12-23||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 04 Jan 14:||Eme O|
|4.||Sun, 25 Nov 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Sat, 23 Apr 11:||Eme O|
|5.||Wed, 21 Nov 07:||Sadie O.|
Erin is Disorderly
|3.||Thu, 24 Jan 08:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Tue, 20 Nov 07:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
Treasure Don – Sound Warrior|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/19/07
Urban dancehall from NYC (born in JA), fine singing voice as well as dancehall rap. Treasure Don was on two cuts on the Subatomic Sound System CD we already have. Often unusual downtempo riddims, strong vocals.
No FCCs detected. I like 6, 11, 12, 16 best.
1. 3:51 **starts 5 seconds late. Downtempo dancehall with electronic orchestration. Cool singing.
2. 4:07 **midtempo but upbeat dancehall, almost a Reggaeton beat. Dancehall delivery.
3. 3:52 **downtempo electronic dancehall. Righteousness lyrics.
4. 3:54 *dowtempo dancehall skank. Pretty singing.
5. 3:17 ***strong midtempo dancehall skank. Monotonal dancehall toast, smells like a soundsystem dance is on…
6. 3:49 ****keyboard-driven dancehall (no drums for first 45 seconds), electronic guitar, cool vocals.
7. 3:52 **midtempo hip hop skank, a bit dubby. Combination of singing and dancehall rapping.
8. 4:43 *rather uptempo “urban” dancehall love song.
9. 5:24 ***midtempo minimalist bounce – almost rock steady, danceable, pretty love song. VERY long fade.
10. 4:06 **almost a Spaghetti Western feel, guitar-based riddim.
11. 6:07 ****very downtempo guitar and electronic skank with a rather exotic “horn” line.
12. 3:24 ****spoken intro, somewhat uptempo roots rock bubble, singing and dancehall vocals.
13. 3:17 ***sung intro (no instruments), then upbeat dancehall riddim, deep singing. Very abrupt ending.
14. 3:53 *downtempo urban dancehall.
15. 5:05 **uptempo riddim with electronic squeeps, very mellow singing, very dancehall lyrics.
16. 2:36 ****classic downtempo rock steady riddim, dubbed like trouble.
17. 3:13 ***fun upbeat electronic dancehall. Song isn’t listed on the cover.
18. 3:13 **same riddim, love song instead of dancehall delivery.