|Vampire Hands / Virgin Dust American Lips|
|Album:||Virgin Dust American Lips||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-03-30||Pull Date:||2008-06-01|
|Week Ending:||13 Apr||6 Apr|
|1.||Mar 11, 2010:||Phononyms - The Vampire Special |
|4.||Apr 05, 2008:||On The Warpath |
|2.||Mar 07, 2010:||Will My Pony Recognize My Voice In Hell? |
|5.||Apr 02, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|3.||Apr 09, 2008:||Radiophonic |
Vampire Hands - Virgin Dust American Lips|
Darkish psychedelic indie rock. Edgy reverbing guitar. Loud, prominent drums sometimes sound like a tribal rock out. Very dynamic male and female vocals. Some fun lyrics. Track 4 particularly stands out as the most upbeat and begs repeat listens.
FCC: 3 Picks: 4, 5
1. A bit of strut. Long, held female vocals are erie... "aroooooo". Short, sharp male vocals.
2. Ends with 90 sec tribal drum solo.
3. FCC. Guitar goes for a bit of trip in this one. But mostly more of the same.
*4. Cascading guitar reverb gets you pumped, drums follow suit... head bobber for sure. "Technicolor, surround sound, and stunning blonde". Solid song.
*5. Again more upbeat. Fun quick bass, drum beat. A lot of the same themes... but faster, not as quite as dark. Lots of vocal interplay.
6. Drum, bass intro. Sparse guitar. Degeneration at 2:00 turns into a guitar solo on top of tons of layers. A lot of unconventional squeeking guitar in this part. Vocals come back in at 5:00. But all the layers stay, drives song to a finish.
7. Psychedelic. Slower. Not softer though. Male and female both singing same lyrics, same time. Interesting...
8. Begins out of 7s end. Same psychedelia. Very echoey... distant. Lyrics a bit reminiscent of some of the psychedelic Beatles' stuff. Picks up at 4:30. Verbs to a close.
|1.||Aaroo, Piano||5.||Opium Typhoon|
|2.||Cool Bath||6.||Egg White Ocean|
|3.||Peru (Happy Birthday White Tiger)||7.||Moscow Flowers|
|4.||Stunning Blonde||8.||Oil Sea|