|Castanets / In The Vines|
|Album:||In The Vines||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Asthmatic Kitty Records|
|Add Date:||2010-01-17||Pull Date:||2010-03-21|
|Week Ending:||21 Mar||7 Mar||28 Feb||14 Feb||31 Jan||24 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 20 Mar 10:||Eduisa|
|4.||Tue, 02 Mar 10:||Joebot|
|2.||Sat, 06 Mar 10:||Eduisa|
|5.||Thu, 25 Feb 10:||DJ Nickname|
|3.||Sat, 06 Mar 10:||Andy S|
|6.||Thu, 11 Feb 10:||DJ Nickname|
Music to get you down
|Maria del Carmen Barrios|
Indie-folk for people who like Iron & Wine and the likes. It’s mostly good, old-fashioned Americana, led by acoustic guitar and a shaky voice, except for some tracks that incorporate some weird sounds from the studio. My personal favorites are 4, 7 and 8. FCC Clean|
1. Starts up like any old folk song with acoustic guitar and voice, and then suddenly this awful, head-splitting sound comes in at about 2:20 and you have to stop listening. It makes your ears bleed!
2. Sounds like blues, like something you’d hear at a bar. Very lamenting kind of music, and weary. Has a female voice in the background that adds a nice touch.
3. Has a more upbeat sound than the last, doesn’t sound tired, almost hopeful with the use of some percussion and chorus in the back.
*4. Sounds less like Americana, more mysterious. Drums in the background sound almost warrior-like. Halting lyrics. Very cool.
5. Slow love song, although not a ballad. Sounds almost like a bad omen.
6. Instrumental, guitars, and slow beat.
*7. Slow beat on the drums, and soft lyrics, interspersed with some sounds like what you’d hear off of the modem, back when you had to connect to the internet. Actually a good combination.
*8. Another slow song, this time with piano and bass. Some guitar solos. Led by the voice. Sounds almost refined.
9. This is another slow song, but not very well executed. You just hear the guitar at the beginning, with only 2 strings being strummed, and it get’s boring, honestly.
10. Starts with beats from a synth? I can’t tell, but it starts completely different from the rest of the tracks, then the guitar joins in, and it sounds like lamenting blues again. Interesting, but not the best track.
|1.||Rain Will Come||6.||The Fields Crack|
|2.||This Is The Early Game||7.||Three Months Paid|
|3.||Westbound, Blue||8.||The Night Is When You Can Not See|
|4.||Strong Animal||9.||Sounded Like A Train, Wasn't A Train|
|5.||Sway||10.||And The Swimming|