|Infantry Rockers / Boombala|
|Label:||Near And Far Records|
|Add Date:||2007-11-04||Pull Date:||2008-01-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Jan||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov|
|1.||Aug 08, 2013:||Trainee Special |
|4.||Dec 30, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Nov 18, 2010:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Dec 24, 2007:||New World Disorder's Eve |
La Policia, Space Tram
|3.||Jan 06, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Dec 23, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Infantry Rockers – Boombala|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/1/07
Energetic and forceful modern Reggae/dub/dancehall, with bits of Latin and British-style Ska thrown in. Multinational cast based in Madison WI but hailing from South African and South America as well as US. Solid and danceable sound, revolution lyrics – good stuff!
No FCCs on the radio clean disk. If you use the other one, you’re on your own!
I like 6 and 10 best – they’re the dubbiest…
1. 4:54 ***forceful midtempo skank. Several vocalists/styles/ languages.
2. 4:17 ***electronica intro, then uptempo bubble, very danceable, dancehall vocals about smoking pot.
3. 3:47 **midtempo Black & White style ska with lots of keyboard. Vocals in Spanish, all about dancing.
4. 4:02 ***midtempo skank with a accordion and melodica, dancehall vocals in English and singing in Spanglish – can’t argue with the sentiment!
5. 4:22 **spoken intro, then downtempo dubby skank. Very stoned sounding vocals.
6. 3:39 ****very downtempo dub skank with lots of syndrum and electronics. Great fun!
7. 4:09 *downtempo skank, rather muffled vocals.
8. 4:07 *downtempo rather ska-based skank, sort of random vocal delivery.
9. 4:54 ***energetic midtempo skank with a rather British feel, nice vocals.
10. 3:43 ****downtempo dub skank with lots of melodica and effects. Instrumental.
11. 4:59 ***dub of track 1.
|2.||Sheila||7.||No Work For Babylon|
|3.||Revolucion Style||8.||Cease Fire|
|11.||Boombala (Sound Imperium Dub)|