|White, Emily Jane / Dark Undercoat|
|Artist:||White, Emily Jane||Added:||11/2007|
|Label:||Double Negative Records|
|Add Date:||2008-01-20||Pull Date:||2008-03-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Mar||16 Mar||2 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 07 Jun 14:||DJ LA|
Box of Chocolates (Sub)
|4.||Tue, 16 Jun 09:||Adam and his dad|
|2.||Fri, 16 Dec 11:||Francis D|
|5.||Tue, 03 Feb 09:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 13 Aug 10:||Francis D|
|6.||Thu, 15 May 08:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
LOCAL breathy, female-voiced dark folky rock from this SF artist. Sometimes bluesy, others more straight-ahead. The voice and general style will make people think of Cat Power (esp earlier, pre-soulification CP). Mostly acoustic-guitar based with a few electric guitar and piano numbers (noted below). I've been liking this a lot.
-Adrian FCC: Clean
My Picks: all, but especially 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
1. med-slow, bluesy.
2. mid tempo. bluesy, light drums and deep upright bass
3. med-slow. nice acoustic guitar. pretty spare, instrumentally. really nice song.
4. mid-tempo. just fingerpicked and reverbed electric guitar and voice. wow--this is good.
5. med-fast. surprisingly upbeat feel.
6. med-slow. piano (electric) ballad.
7. med-slow. bluesy. light drums and bass.
8. mid tempo. chunky (becoming smoother later) electric guitar.
9. med-slow. piano. double-tracked vocals. nice tune. written for the movie of the same name.
10. med-fast. fingerpicked acoustic. background piano and guitar. nice melody.
|1.||Bessie Smith||6.||The Demon|
|2.||Hole In The Middle||7.||Sleeping Dead|
|4.||Dagger||9.||Wild Tigers I Have Known|
|5.||Time On Your Side||10.||Two Shots To The Head|