It’s a Rough Guide. It’s Paris. Need I say more? Runs the gamut from chanson to gypsy jazz to contemporary French pop. From up-and comers to icons such as Django Reinhardt. One star each track.
1. Slow modern pop w/moody fem vocals. Lush, lyrical & dark.
2. Fun & light upbeat pop w/fem vocals & swinging melody.
3. Quirky mid/down modern chanson w/world-weary male vox.
4. Breathy fem vox mostly midtempo indie-rock-ish.
5. Modern, midtempo gypsy jazz instrumental. So smooth!
6. Gritty Arabic/flamenco-influenced kinda bluesy, midtempo.
7. Sweet & lightly swinging modern jazz musette. Accordion/band.
8. So cool retro-gypsy swing. Delicious accordion. Wonderful!
9. Upbeat French jazz from the 40s, swinging & warm.
10. Starts w/upbeat flourish, slows & picks up. Yiddishy rock musette
11. Modern gypsy swing for guitar & accordion. Fresh & lively.
12. Delicous male vox & solid straight-up jazz. Midtempo & cool
13. Chinese-influenced bal musette waltz. Cool vibes.
14. Upbeat musette mazurka w/a carousel sound.
15. Midtempo almost organ-grinder sound. Quirky & so good.
16. Mid/upbeat folk dance w/accordion & Django on guitar.
17. Radio introduction of Django playing w/swinging big band.
18. Down & dirty blues jazz w/great/ Tight, classic, powerful.