|Marley, Bob And The Wailers / Another Dance: Rarities From Studio One|
|Album:||Another Dance: Rarities From Studio One||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Marley, Bob And The Wailers||Added:||11/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-11-25||Pull Date:||2008-01-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec|
|1.||Sep 02, 2014:||Eclectic Erudition |
|4.||Jan 10, 2008:||Sunshine ... on a Rainy Afternoon |
|2.||Jan 30, 2010:||"In Your Ear ..." with Bug, for beth and goodbye howard! |
|5.||Jan 01, 2008:||Bodily Excrements |
|3.||Feb 02, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Dec 30, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Bob Marley & the Wailers – Another Dance|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/19/07
Wailers Ska tracks from the mid-60’s, not always with Bob on lead vocals. In fact, the only track that clearly sounds like Bob’s signature vocal style is the last track, a gospel number. Some interesting stuff, classic ska, often with some truly top ranking musicians. The original version of “One Love” is really interesting to hear, and there’s some terrific doo-wop vocals on many songs.
No FCCs detected.
1. **pretty midtempo ska.
2. **very downtempo and melancholy, high harmonies, very gentle lead vocals.
3. ***fun midtempo ska version of “Shotgun” – big hit, also on lots of other comps.
4. ***uptempo ska, co-opts big hunks of “Do You Love Me”, fun.
5. *very slow, a bit stoned.
6. **slow, very passionate, very teenaged-sounding – Junior Braithwaite on lead vocals.
7. **midtempo ska – also with Junior Braithwaite on lead.
8. **midtempo, with Joe Higgs and a female chorus as well as the Wailers.
9. *downtempo, sounds a bit like they’re trying to make the soundtrack to an Italian movie. Rather bad harmonies…
10. ****nice – original ska version of one of Bob’s biggest hits (when he remade it more than a decade later). Nice sax from Roland Alphonso.
11. ***downtempo ska with a classic sound.
12. *very downtempo, lead by Jr. Braithwaite, fine jazzy guitar by Ernest Ranglin.
13. ***downtempo, very doo-woppy, with terrific guitar solo from Ranglin.
14. **midtempo classic ska, rather muffled vocal track, fun train vocal beatbox.
15. **somewhat downtempo and very swingy, with Bunny Wailer on lead. A ska classic.
16. ***midtempo doo-woppy ska hit.
17. **downtempo swingy with slightly Latin-ish guitar, vocals by Bunny and Peter.
18. **downtempo gospel number – most recognizable lead vocals on the record.