|Degenerate Art Ensemble / Cuckoo Crow|
|Artist:||Degenerate Art Ensemble||Added:||12/2007|
|Add Date:||2008-03-09||Pull Date:||2008-05-11|
|Week Ending:||23 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||Mar 19, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Mar 11, 2008:||Cloudy Girls of Canada |
Mr. Schmidt/S Levitation Apparatus
Degenerate Art Ensemble|
Mixes classical strings and brass with wailing vocals and noisy, clash "Animal Collective" sound with great success. This album has loads of interesting textures. Tracks 3 - 7 slow way down into ghostly anthems that sound alot like "Bjork". By track 7, this theme gets old, but track 8 finishes off with a fast clash finale. No FCC's detected
1) (6:14) Starts with a fast mix of viola, electronic glitch, and pattering vocals. Slows down at 2:05 to incorporate slow, wailing female vox. Finishes with the sounds of crows, ticking strings, and tenor sax.
2) (6:47) Fast track with noise vocals: Fast japanese female vox with frantic metal grunts from the male vox, all accompanied by creeping strings and marimbas. Great Track!
3) (4:12) Very slow track with breather male vox. Rolling cello. Very forlorn.
4) (6:15) Very slow song with phantasmal vox and a nice melody. Baby accordion makes an appearance.
5) (12:09) Slowest track of all, choir-like vocals with a Persian sound toward the end.
6) (6:35) Very slow track with a traditional Asian feel. Echoing vocals
7) (8:44) Still slow, whispering vox: annoying.
8) (2:19) Pure clash with brass and string.
|1.||Cuckoo Pie||5.||Mr. Schmidt/S Levitation Apparatus|
|3.||Blackened Crow||7.||Spacegirl 6|