|Anthony B / Wise Man Chant|
|Album:||Wise Man Chant||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Anthony B||Added:||Dec 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-12-31||Pull Date:||2008-03-03||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 2||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6|
|1.||May 02, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 41 |
Stand Up And Tell
|4.||Feb 16, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Stand Up And Tell
|2.||Jan 03, 2014:||World Tour |
|5.||Feb 09, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Shouldn't Do That
|3.||Mar 01, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Chant A Psalm
|6.||Feb 08, 2008:||6ft underground |
Anthony B – Wise Man Chant|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/27/07
Roots Reggae and electronic dancehall riddims and manic (but righteous) toasts by one of the top dancehall artists. Tracks 5 and 10-15 are crazy electronic riddims – often really over the top. Vocals are ALWAYS over the top…
No FCCs detected. I like 6 and 14 enormously.
1. 3:54 **(starts 5 seconds late) midtempo skank, a bit rock steady, prominent reedy keyboard, cool toast.
2. 4:04 ***nice bubble with syndrum and horns, impassioned toasting. Sudden end.
3. 4:00 ***(starts 3 seconds late) very downtempo nyahbinghi riddim, serious toast.
4. 3:56 ***downtempo, rather jaunty skank, apparently anti-name brand rant.
5. 3:43 **downtempo dancehall riddim, rather muffled drums, sad lyrics.
6. 3:58 ****nutted electronic riddim – insane sound! Another extremely abrupt ending.
7. 4:06 ***jaunty riddim with lots of electronic keyboards, duet with Yellowman, and an actual chorus.
8. 3:44 ***midtempo skank with mostly just bass and drums with occasional horns – cool sound.
9. 3:40 **downtempo skank with lots of percussion, Rasta vs. Christian lyrics.
10. 3:56 ***downtempo electronic dancehall, very sparse but pretty crazy. Just bits of riddim for last several seconds.
11. 3:55 *downtempo dancehall, duet with Sanchez, cool riddim but rather banal singing.
12. 4:02 ***odd disjointed riddim and manic preaching along the lines of track 2.
13. 4:12 **very slow dancehall.
14. 3:23 ****dance di Ragga! Bloopy dancehall riddim with almost a Reggaeton beat, tuba?
15. 3:45 ***another truly crazed riddim, Rasta lyrics. Long fade.
|1.||Fire Man||8.||Caan Say|
|2.||Oh My Lord||9.||Grandma Grandpa|
|3.||War||10.||Shouldn't Do That|
|4.||Real Ting||11.||Out Of My Mind|
|5.||Nobody Child||12.||Warn And Teach|
|6.||Blow Dem||13.||Haffi Make A Move|
|7.||Chant A Psalm||14.||Ragga Move|
|15.||Stand Up And Tell|