When they say “All-Stars,” they aren’t kidding. Terence Blanchard on trumpet, Benny Green on piano, James Moody on sax….the list goes on. It’s straight-up, no frills jazz from cats who are obviously having a good time. The crowd noise only adds to the energy. Hot, hip, solid with not a sour note, bad track, or dull moment in the bunch.
1. Wicked tight groove w/wild “top this” solos Upbeat & fiery!
2. :45 second introduction of vocalist Nnenna Freelon.
3. Heavy love ballad w/husky fem vox, picks up & goes to town.
4. Another :44 spoken introduction.
5. Fabulous, fun duet vocals. Mostly down, but so playful.
6. Swinging mid/upbeat w/some serious solos from Moody/Blanchard.
7. Soft and gentle classic w/fragile vocals. Slow & delicate.
8. Starts soft picks up, a quirky ride w/expressive horns/perc/keys.
9. 1:06 of the band being introduced.
10. Midtempo classic w/a contemporary sound & hip vox/orchestration