|Artist:||Reverend Organdrum||Added:||Jan 2008|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2008-02-10||Pull Date:||2008-04-13|
|Week Ending:||Apr 13||Mar 30||Mar 2||Feb 17|
|1.||Apr 12, 2008:||New World Disorder
Experiment In Terror
|4.||Mar 01, 2008:||public noize racket
Can't Be Still, Moovin' N' Groovin'
|2.||Mar 29, 2008:||New World Disorder
Time Is Tight
|5.||Feb 29, 2008:||Noise for your soul
|3.||Mar 28, 2008:||New World Disorder
|6.||Feb 12, 2008:||The Wonder Girls Cry You A River
James Bond Theme
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/26/08
American roots rockabilly/blues/soul/etc. covers by a guitar-organ-drum trio led by Tim Anderson and the Reverend Horton Heat (performing under his “real” name.) Good sounds and some impressive licks. Almost all instrumentals – the only vocals are on the two Sinatra covers (tracks 7 and 14.)
No FCCs. All quite nice, I like 4, 8, 17 and 18 best.
1. 2:32 **midtempo, high energy rockabilly bopper with sliding rhythm guitar, rave-up solos.
2. 2:35 **uptempo rockin’ stroll, rockabilly guitar, stuttering keyboards.
3. 2:24 **slinky midtempo crawl, spy movie vibe. Some swingy touches.
4. 5:07 ***very downtempo bluesy stroll. Nice long workout for some gnarly guitar solos.
5. 4:33 **bluesy shuffle, walking guitar and Booker T-sy keyboards.
6. 3:24 *rather novel take on the classic, really gets into the groove after about 50 seconds.
7. 2:06 **uptempo loungy cover of the Sinatra classic with wonderfully sleazy vocals.
8. 5:01 ***midtempo twist-a-gogo with a drum solo. Wow, extra star for the Black Sabbath moment!
9. 3:50 **SLOW stroll with lots of reverb. Nicely creepy, but I don’t know about actual terror…
10. 2:43 **uptempo hip-shakin’ sashay with a nice bit of syncopation.
11. 2:11 *midtempo rolling march, a bit low-key really.
12. 3:43 **famous spaghetti western theme with chugging guitar and theme on the keyboards – unusual take on the classic.
13. 6:20 *long intro with drum rolls, then slow bluesy crawl.
14. 2:23 **groovy midtempo swingy shuffle, another Sinatra hit.
15. 3:53 **uptempo bop with keyboard up front, fuzzy guitar solo, 4/4 stomp.
16. 3:12 *big intro, then uptempo twist instrumental cover of the Ray Charles classic.
17. 3:37 ***downtempo and very… groovy. Yes it is! Cha cha instrumental cover of the Rascals hit.
18. 3:36 ***chugging uptempo cover of the Booker T tune, lots of energy and just a bit of rock.
|1.||Moovin' N' Groovin'||10.||Mardis Gras Mambo|
|2.||Strollin' With Bones||11.||Theme To Route 66|
|3.||A Shot In The Dark||12.||Hang Em' High|
|4.||Night Train||13.||Black And Crazy Blues|
|5.||Honky Tonk (Side A & B)||14.||Ain't That A Kick In The Head|
|6.||James Bond Theme||15.||C Jam Blues|
|7.||Bim Bam Baby||16.||I Got A Woman|
|8.||Can't Be Still||17.||Groovin'|
|9.||Experiment In Terror||18.||Time Is Tight|