|Various Artists / A Taste Of Cacao|
|Album:||A Taste Of Cacao||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2008-02-18||Pull Date:||2008-04-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||20 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||24 Feb|
|1.||Apr 17, 2008:||world beat |
Carmelo, Los Caballos
|4.||Mar 18, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Apr 15, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Changuito Se Baio
|5.||Mar 11, 2008:||Cloudy Girls of Canada |
|3.||Mar 27, 2008:||World Beat |
|6.||Mar 08, 2008:||New World Disorder |
A sampler of Latin jazz from three artists: Changuito (timbales), Alfredo Naranjo (vibes, perc, vox), and Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez (perc). All from Venezuela and all, as you might expect, percussion-heavy.|
1. Driving, midtempo Afro-Latin instrumental for drums/sax.
*2. Upbeat and wiggly-good dance with great vibes. Fun.
*3. Fast, brassy. Sexy fem vox/chorus. Then jazzy.
4. Midtempo jazz w/some brass and a bit of smoothness.
*5. Uptempo and fun with great vibes & good vox.
6. Slow & lyrical with some good solos & a sweeping feel.
*7. Big, brassy, and percussive with solid solos from all.
8. Kids chorus then mid/upbeat with some serious vibe work.
*9. Up/mid rumba w/cool chorus. Band has some fun too.
10. Relaxed late night Latin groove, picks up a bit.
*11. Fun vox, upbeat a total wiggle-fest. Dance, people!
12. Up/midtempo fairly traditional Latin jazz. Well played.
*13. Upbeat chorus in a party song. Nicely infectious.