Deliciously stylish instrumental music for piano, violin, cello, bass, bandoneon. Mostly tangos, but this ain’t your grandma’s tango. It’s modern, fresh, brash, jazzy, and sophisticated. Wonderfully passionate too. Equally skilled at romance and anger; longing and revenge. Great, great stuff. Holy cats!
1. Too short, quirky introduction. Can go into #2.
2. Fast, fast tango. Driving, almost frantic but w/a great jazz style.
3. Fast and insistent w/a light touch of madness. Almost soundtrack-y
4. Downtempo, lush, romantic. W/weeping strings then gentle piano.
5. Slow and nostalgic with a warm gentle sadness. Just piano & violin
6. Trilling piano then driving violin. Then mid/up counterpoint. Cool.
7.Dark, menacing, slow. W/a modern classical feel. Haunting.
8. An orchestral suite, upbeat, sweeping, expertly arranged. Marvelous
9. Slow & sad. Like the piano & violin are breaking up w/each other.
10. Upbeat violin & piano at odds reassembling into upbeat jazz plot
11. Fast & quirky w/tripping rhythm & an underlying darkness.
12. Sweet old-fashioned slow dance w/a few modern jazz surprises.
13. Solo piano flies & flourishes through a mid/up jazz tour-de-force.
14. Solo piano. Slow & gentle w/a light touch and a lot of heartbreak.
15. Slow & lush orchestral sound w/sweet accents. Warm & lovely.
16. Fast, fast, tripping jazz w/seriously out of control energy.