|Fanfare Ciocarlia / Queens And Kings|
|Album:||Queens And Kings||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Asphalt Tango Records|
|Add Date:||2008-03-09||Pull Date:||2008-05-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar|
|1.||Oct 20, 2016:||Melange |
Cuando Tu Volveras
|4.||Feb 26, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Aug 18, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Sep 11, 2010:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Jan 21, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Sep 04, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Born To Be Wild
Fanfare Ciocarlia – Queens and Kings|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/5/08
Romanian gypsy brass band with multinational Romani guest vocalists and a significant dose of sheer wildness. Like all Fanfare Ciocarlia CDs, this is gonzo, nuts, delicious, excellent – do NOT pass this by! It might just be the best damn thing your ears ever knew.
FCCs? Nothing in English! Check tracks 3, 5, 6, 14 – but play it all!
1. **big build up, then nicely syncopated midtempo strut. Vocals on chorus are particularly nice.
2. ***uptempo wiggle with flamenco vocals. Schweeet!
3. ****uptempo and a bit goofy sounding – like the soundtrack to an old Merrie Melodies cartoon. Wild!
4. **slow ooom-pah, quite serious and dramatic, female vocals, quite exotic sounding.
5. ****a bit uptempo with some gorgeous flamenco guitar and singing.
6. *****wow! Vocal tabla intro, then insanely cool midtempo crawl, female vocals – this is so great it’s making me cry! Serious!
7. ***hyperspeed with fine female vocals with a cry in them. This woman is a star – read the guest biographies at the end of the booklet. Mad horn solo, too!
8. **very slow and slinky with passionate male vocals – this one will steal your girlfriend if you’re not careful.
9. ***very uptempo and high energy, with yells and general wildness, more terrific female vocals.
10. ***more of the superstar female vocals as track 7, with plenty of drama. Oooh, goosebumps! Hyperspeed chorus between vocal bits.
11. ***downtempo and very slinky, basically a sexy tango, male vocals. gets a twist in the rhythm with the clarinet solo, turns belly-dancey... whew!
12. **hyperspeed with whoops, high male vocals. Coolest clarinet solo ever.
13. **dramatic horn intro, equally dramatic male vocals. Never does get a beat, rather like a dirge. Ends a few seconds shy.
14. ****uptempo ooom-pah with insane vocals. You wouldn’t know it’s a cover until the chorus more than a minute along. Utterly mad!
|1.||Kan Marau La||8.||Ma Maren Ma|
|2.||Que Dolor||9.||Mukav Tu|
|4.||Pana Cand Nu Te Iubeam||11.||Ma Rov|
|5.||Cuando Tu Volveras||12.||Mig Mig|
|6.||Duj Duj||13.||Farewell March|
|7.||Ibrahim||14.||Born To Be Wild|