|Album:||Eccentric Soul: The Outskirts Of Deep City||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Feb 2008|
|Label:||The Numero Group|
|Add Date:||2008-03-02||Pull Date:||2008-05-04|
|Week Ending:||May 4||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16|
|1.||Sep 24, 2018:||Happy Hour
|4.||Jun 04, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
No Way Out
|2.||Oct 01, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
Nasty Dog Pt. 2
|5.||Jun 28, 2012:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
Nasty Dog Part 2, No Way Out, Mr. Lucky, Show Me What You Got, One Night Affair
|3.||Aug 17, 2013:||Music Casserole
|6.||Nov 04, 2010:||American Grandstand: More Music of Mad Men
The Pot Can't Talk About The Kettle
My Picks: 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 17
Katie P. 2/22/08
1) Midtempo laid back groove. Sounds a bit like Motown pop soul. Female vocals.
2) Harder and funky with a midtempo walk. Male vocals sound a bit like James Brown. Nice horn section and tight guitar.
3) High energy with a bit of a groovy bounce. Female vocals and full band with horns, organ, bass, and drums. Sweet sister soul!
4) Starts with shooting sounds and goes into a heavy funky beat. Feels a little like “Soul Man” but slightly different. Tough female vocals. Hot damn!
5) Light and fun guitar strumming. Bouncy and upbeat. Male vocals. This is a cover of the Drifters’ song.
6) Slower soul ballad with full strings along with simple guitar/bass/drum band. Tough female vocals make this song a little less sweet and a bit more sad and moody. Lyrics are very sad.
7) Dramatic organ and horns with tough guitar and a hard lowdown slower beat. Tough female vocals. Nice backup vocals as well.
8) Starts with slower simple guitar and low organ. Laid back and mellow. Male vocals. Sweet soulful lead vocals with a nice group layered vocals for backups.
9) Slow ballad with flowery but smooth guitar work. Female vocals with female backup vocals. Has some sound quality issues.
10) Bluesy guitar with soulful slow organ. Male vocals. Slow sweet ballad about why you shouldn’t cheat on someone that you love.
11) Male vocals yelling an intro. Hard charging band with a midtempo beat. Nice horn section and solid funky bouncy beat. A bit of a James Brown feel. Ooo! And there is the break about halfway through!! Nice!
12) Hard and funky. Full horn section with a slower midtempo bounce. Male vocals. Great drums on this too.
13) Tough guitar intro with a bit of a swagger. Nice organ and yes, even some cowbell. Gets a bit mellower and lighter in the “chorus” part (although no vocals). Instrumental.
14) Steady midtempo walk with staccato piano. Female vocals. Has a bit more of a Motown feel to it.
15) Some sound quality issues on this (very scratchy). Female vocals. Bass is very heavy with guitar and what sounds like bells a bit more in the background.
16) Midtempo soul that is laid back. Female vocals with sweet guitar and full sounding horn section. Nice love song. Grab someone special and slow dance!
17) Slower midtempo ballad. Great full band with heavy bass. Female vocals.
18) Hard and funky. Silly spoken exchange between two guys throughout. Solid horns with funky guitar. Midtempo beat. Fun!
19) Hard funky groove with guitar, organ, bass, and drums. Male vocals. Bouncy midtempo.
20) Driving soulful charge. Full horn section with a solid heavy beat. Male vocals.