|Israel Vibration / Stamina|
|Label:||Israel Vibration Records|
|Add Date:||2008-03-09||Pull Date:||2008-05-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 May||27 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||Jul 08, 2008:||The Twilight Zone |
Herb Is The Healing
|4.||Apr 26, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|2.||May 10, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Apr 12, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|3.||May 10, 2008:||The Twilight Zone |
Herb Is The Healing, Herb Is The Healing
|6.||Apr 12, 2008:||The Twilight Zone |
Flood Water, Herb Is The Healing
Israel Vibration – Stamina|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/3/08
Just plain excellent Roots Rock Reggae from some true veterans. Israel Vibration should need no introduction at this point, and never disappoint. This is a very tasty slab o’ plastic indeed. Distinctive vocal stylings and interesting lyrics (when you can parse the patois), excellent musicianship, female backing vocals who compliment the singers nicely. Yummers!
Minor FCC on track 8, best tracks 4 and 11, all tracks very good.
1. 4:35 **a bit downtempo roots rock reggae with prominent horns, diaspora lyrics.
2. 3:52 ***slightly downtempo bubble, slightly nonsensical lyrics (reminiscent of Jacob Miller), chorus imitates singer’s distinctive slow vibrato.
3. 4:45 **another downtempo bubble with a sweet solo sax, apparently a recounting of Hurricane Katrina.
4. 4:33 ****swingy and groovy horn-driven skank, the obligatory song in praise of pot.
5. 4:20 **a bit uptempo bubble with a nice bounce.
6. 4:18 **a bit downtempo, different vocalist from the previous tracks, apparently about false rastas and their badness…
7. 5:16 ***classic roots rock sound, not sure what it’s all about, apart from calling leaders to do right…
8. 3:58 minor FCC – “talking crap” ****odd little bit of percussion intro, uptempo skank – fun diatribe, I think directed at dancehall slackness.
9. 0:28 seems to be sounds of a drug sale on the street?
10. 4:42 **starts with a skit in patois with music backing. Midtempo skank, chastising runaways.
11. 3:55 ****midtempo with syncopated clapping and bloops, apparently about smelling good. What’s not to like about that?
12. 5:15 **midtempo, quite a ska sound, esp. in the horns, all about growing up.
13. 3:51 **upbeat and bouncy, diatribe against people who take advantage of the system and make things hard for others… Good call!
14. 3:59 ***cute bouncey bubble – a bit Cajun, a bit kiddie song, a bit folky… Bit of harmonica, fuzz guitar solo that fits in quite strangely, but who cares…
|2.||Back Staba||9.||Downtown Kingston Intro Ja|
|3.||Flood Water||10.||Run Away Girl|
|4.||Herb Is The Healing||11.||Cleanliness|
|5.||Gully Bank||12.||Little Children|
|6.||Natty Dread||13.||Free Loafter|
|7.||Lion In The Jungle||14.||Sautez Reggae|