|Loungeclash / Dread Time Story|
|Album:||Dread Time Story||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2008-03-09||Pull Date:||2008-05-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||Aug 07, 2017:||Happy Hour |
The Cosmic Man
|4.||May 09, 2011:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
Cuban Mile High Club
|2.||May 15, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Aug 09, 2010:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
|3.||Oct 24, 2011:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
The Cosmic Man
|6.||Oct 23, 2008:||Happy Hour |
Brother Voodoo Vs. The Wolfman
Loungeclash- Dread Time Story|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/6/08
Tiki Dub… or, more precisely, Electronic Lounge Beat Jazz with homage to Dub Reggae. Well, it probably won’t make a lot more sense after you listen to it, either! Mostly quite mellow-to-spooky in mood. Often with a Reggae beat, but not really a Reggae feel. Interesting stuff, no doubt. One of the ringleaders used to be in Transglobal Underground, if that helps ground anyone any…
FCC – major moaning on track 9. I like 3 best.
1. 5:13 **bongo fury! Uptempo and rather intense but still somehow lounge-y beat. One-drop, but not really Reggae, still quite enjoyable.
2. 4:33 ***bass ‘n’ shakers intro, downtempo and very relaxed jazzy reggae dub with a bit of scratching for flavor. Just the thing for a drink involving a paper parasol.
3. 4:42 ****very cool hand percussion riddim with just a touch of tabla and a fair amount of spooky vibe. Theremin alert! Neet!
4. 4:26 *low key yet disturbing electronic intro, then double-time dub beat with… insects? Guess so! Long, buggy outro.
5. 4:19 ***long single note intro, then a bit of big drums, then very slow dub reggae with scratching and theremin. Spook you right out, it will.
6. 4:13 **total mellow lounge, complete with bird calls… no, here comes the dub… elements of slinky jazz, moments of cinemascope.
7. 3:52 **bongos and stand up bass, groovy, man! Still with elements of weird… Organ solo and clarinet. Long outro.
8. 3:25 *random percussion intro, cute little happy beat after 30+ seconds. This one is kind of patternless, to me…
9. 3:56 FCC – moaning *highly syncopated bop with spoken samples. Increasingly suggestive. A fair amount of female moaning. Safe Harbor only…
10. 2:47 **percussion and jazziness, building gradually into midtempo laid-back finger-snapper. Vocal yips…
11. 3:22 **pleasant midtempo bass-driven skank with lots and lots of random noises and scratching.
12. 5:34 ***theremin, bongos, midtempo lounge groove. The sax KNOWS it’s bitchen. Hey, who invited the electric guitar? Very long random keyboard and sax outro.
|1.||Brother Voodoo Vs. The Wolfman||7.||Cuban Mile High Club|
|2.||Intoxica||8.||The Cosmic Man|
|3.||Crazy Fish Head Curry||9.||Lik This|
|4.||Bug Day||10.||Slim Seed Symphony|