|Diabate, Toumani / Mande Variations, The|
|Album:||Mande Variations, The||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2008-08-31||Pull Date:||2008-11-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep|
|1.||Oct 28, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Ali Farka Toure
|4.||Oct 17, 2008:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|2.||Oct 24, 2008:||The Rent Party |
|5.||Oct 14, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Oct 21, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Oct 07, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The Malian kora master in his first solo album in 20 years. Ambitions, sweeping, captivating instrumentals. It’s just one man and a kora and it’s absolutely beautiful. At times with the energy and passion of jazz, others with a subtle power that just sweeps you up. Gorgeous tributes to other artists including Ali Farka Toure & Kaouding Cissoko.Play it all. This is a masterpiece of African music.|
1. Mostly mid, lyrical, almost hypnotic, then more lively. Gorgeous!
2. Relaxed and flowing, slightly nostalgic, just wonderful.
3. Watch for nearly silent bits – the CD is not dead. Relaxed, gorgeous.
4. A driving, pulsing bounce that shimmers and flows.
5. Spoken word, crystal-clear strings, down/mid. Sigh…
6. Soft, liquid, dreamy. A lovely journey.
7. Hints of flamenco & the middle east, a tour de force. Mostly mid.
8. Midtempo with a gentle, sweeping air. Wonderful.
|1.||Si Naani||5.||Ismael Drame|
|2.||Elyne Road||6.||Djourou Kara Nany|
|3.||Ali Farka Toure||7.||El Nabiyouna|