Dub electronica and NFAK’s great vocals – remixed (we have the original CD already.) These are all remixes of just two tracks on the original (including the original two tracks at the end of the CD.) Electronic producer Gaudi built dub tracks around NFAK vocals, and these remixes are by him, Cheb I Sabbah, Bombay Dub Orchestra etc.
No FCCs. I like 3 best, but all are soothing and lovely.
1. *electronic drone intro, beatboxing and echos. Winds up in a very club dance groove. Just random bits of original vocals, lots of electronics. Somehow both trancey and ravey at once.
2. **rather spooky electronic wind sounds, far away violins… Then a driving rock beat – kinda goth, but in a pretty cool way. Back to drones and echos, then back to rock beat. Almost no vocals.
3. ***electronic whirs and clicks, very gradually turning into a very groovy hip-wiggling riddim, pretty repeated phrases of singing.
4. **very slow, slinky dub skank, lots of layers including moments of keyboards with really cool effects. Quite a bit of original vocals. Ends with piano and faint heartbeats. Very soft for most of last minute.
5. *rave beat, but with a lot of interesting syncopation. Fairly low-key at start, very relaxed, lots of original vocals, and lush electronic orchestra.
6. **fun syncopated electronic riddim, but very quiet overall. Lots of original vocals and bits of added elements. Quite nice, really.
7. **drone intro, gradual build, bit of English spoken word, downtempo reggae beat, relaxed vocals.
8. *organ chords intro, more downtempo reggae dub – I think that’s a bit of Kraftwerk running through the background. Ends with several seconds of water drops, so make sure you go to the bathroom first!