|Sun Kil Moon / April|
|Artist:||Sun Kil Moon||Added:||04/2008|
|Add Date:||2008-05-04||Pull Date:||2008-07-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May|
|1.||Wed, 15 Feb 17:||DJ Aporia|
|4.||Thu, 23 Oct 14:||The Narrator|
|2.||Thu, 17 Mar 16:||DJ Aporia|
|5.||Mon, 18 Aug 14:||DJ Away + Friends|
The Sunset Life
|3.||Tue, 10 Feb 15:||The Narrator|
|6.||Tue, 18 Mar 14:||college radio dj awyeh|
late night dryer
LOCAL Melancholy, mostly acoustic singer-songwriter/ sadcore/ slowcore from stalwart Mark Kozelek (formerly Red House Painters) and co. Features Kozelek's distinctive reverb-heavy vocals. Really nice production and arrangements of mostly acoustic instruments (guitar, mandolin, banjo) and some light percussion. This is no Ghosts of the Great Highway but I'd recommend this album.
My picks 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 FCC: none detected
1. long (9:43). med-slow. nice melody and production. mostly guitars, mandolin, some piano and drums later. last 1:46 are like a different song.
2. long (7:49). med-slow. drums, electric guitar. has a meandering instrumental section in the second half.
3. mid tempo. finger-picked guitar and vocals.
4. mid tempo. hypnotic finger-picking and vocals, including backup vocals from Will Oldham. Good banjo.
5. long (7:38) med-slow. bluesy finger-picked guitar. dark.
6. med-slow. hypnotic finger-picked guitars.
7. med-slow. nice finger-pick pattern.
8. really long (10:21). strummed electric (but still subdued). Some great melodies later on but also some meandering guitar.
9. slow. nice melodies over a simple strummed part. another w/ backup vocals from Will Oldham
10. long (9:27) mid-tempo. finger-picked.
11. med-slow. peaceful and a nice melody.
|2.||The Light||7.||Harper Road|
|3.||Lucky Man||8.||Tonight The Sky|
|4.||Unlit Hallway||9.||Like The River|
|5.||Heron Blue||10.||Tonight In Bilbao|