|Kick In The Eye / Sea Of Bitterness|
|Album:||Sea Of Bitterness||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Kick In The Eye||Added:||Apr 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-08-17||Pull Date:||2008-10-19|
|Week Ending:||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24|
|1.||Sep 03, 2008:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Aug 22, 2008:||Oatmeal |
|2.||Aug 24, 2008:||Mmmm...Tastes Like Candy |
|4.||Aug 20, 2008:||Brownian Motion |
Kick In The Eye "Sea of Bitterness" – Poppy punk, garage, and some rockabilly influences. Bratty female vocals along with some male vocals that are often layered. Simple guitars and simple beats. Generally high energy. Lyrics are not very deep and are often silly or just plain dopey. Fun, but nothing amazing. Fcc: 7|
My Picks: 1
Katie P. 8/7/08
1) Swinging fast midtempo with finger snaps, layered female vocals, and twangy, almost honky-tonk guitars.
2) Short. Sound of motorcycle engine.
3) Starts with more motorcycle engine and goes into a steady driving uptempo beat. Simple garage/poppy punk. Bratty female vocals.
4) Sound of motorcycle racing by. Short and quiet.
5) Loud guitars, steady driving uptempo with a bit of a bounce. Bratty female vocals are layered with some male backup vocals.
6) Short piece with guitar and male vocals. Beeps and explosions.
7) Bluesy guitars with a swagger. Wind blowing, dusty, lilting midtempo is somewhat hypnotic. Male vocals with female backups. Kind of dopey repetitive lyrics. FCC: says “shit”
8) People/sounds on CB radio. Short.
9) Bouncy fun guitars. Uptempo with male vocals and female backups. Funny lyrics about zombies.
10) Rain, acoustic guitar, picks up speed towards the end. Thunder (or maybe explosions). Short.
11) Solid midtempo. Female and male vocals trade off lead/backups. Simple guitars.
12) Machine sounds into guitar strumming. Short.
13) Uptempo drums. Layered male and female vocals. Fun and bouncy.
14) Beeps, blips, etc. Short.
15) Uptempo rollicking fun. Male and female vocals. Simple fun party music.
16) Uptempo steady beat. Bouncy with female and male vocals. Listing musicians/groups they like.
17) Guitar with some feedback and female yelling through a megaphone.