|Forgotten Souls Brass Band / Gone But Not Forgotten|
|Album:||Gone But Not Forgotten||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Forgotten Souls Brass Band||Added:||05/2008|
|Label:||New Orlean Music Online|
|Add Date:||2008-05-11||Pull Date:||2008-07-13||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||25 May||18 May|
|1.||Jul 11, 2008:||Oatmeal |
Palm Court Strut
|4.||Jun 27, 2008:||The Rent Party |
St. Louis Blues
|2.||Jul 05, 2008:||The Twilight Zone |
Exactly Like You
|5.||Jun 24, 2008:||Deep Fried And Sanctified |
|3.||Jul 04, 2008:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Exactly Like You
|6.||Jun 10, 2008:||Deep Fried And Sanctified |
New Orleans second line brass music that is as steeped in tradition as sun tea in Mississippi. Amazing, all track are great. This is a fluid and active group of musicians who back and jam with various and sundry groups in the delta and beyond. Hard working, they definitely enjoy playing crescent city jazz and pushing the limits while they do it. The set list is a great mix of covers, some amazing originals, with most being instrumentals. |
1) 2:53 A nice midtempo jazzy number.
2) 3:50 Midtempo cover, fantastic version that they really took and made their own.
3) 4:49 Uptempo cover of Paul Barbarin’s great song. Barbarin is the amazing drummer from the first part of the 20th century who died while playing Mardi Gras.
4) 4:21 Uptempo cover of this traditional song with words by Monk Boudreaux.
5) 3:05 Uptempo swinging jazz original that shows the groups strengths and versatility.
6) :29 spoken word dedication of track 7.
7) 3:41 Uptempo serious brass band track, this one sizzles fiercely in the pan.
8) 3:14 Uptempo sweet and spicy strut…shake your butt…
9) 5:05 Slow/midtempo OUTSTANDING cover of the Gershwin tune…innovative …hell yes!
10) 3:51 Uptempo straight ahead march, fun and bouncy another Barbarin cover.
11) 3:48 Uptempo, great cover of this classic. Another outstanding track.
12)5:18 Uptempo amazing this group is great at making this music live, breathe, and shout.
13) 3:07 Midtempo lovely cover of this classic, truly beautiful.
14) :14 Snare cadence intro for track 15.
15) 3:57 Uptempo terrific gospel cover. Uplifting ending for this great release…they toss in little bits of everything into this one, fantastic. Ends with cadence snare.