|Sybris / Into The Trees|
|Album:||Into The Trees||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Absolutely Kosher Records|
|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||24 May||17 May||3 May|
|1.||Fri, 07 Aug 09:||Adam|
|4.||Sun, 17 May 09:||DJ Adam|
|2.||Tue, 09 Jun 09:||DJ Adam|
An Analgesic Haze
|5.||Wed, 13 May 09:||Alma Mahler|
Signal to Noise
|3.||Thu, 21 May 09:||DJ Adam/Luke|
Death Row Radio
|6.||Sun, 10 May 09:||DJ Adam|
Death Row Radio: Mother's Day Special
Guitar-driven indie rock out of Chicago - think early 90s alternative rock like Sonic Youth with doses of shoegaze guitar. Strong, playful female vocals and good solid drums are highlights throughout. Start with 2, 6, 9, 13. FCC track 5.|
1) Short intro – lofi drum, guitar & fem vox.
2) * Catchy quick-paced rhythm, nice vox.
3) Uneasy Sonic Youth style guitars & drums
4) Bare, folk rock tune that rocks out during the final ~1:25.
5) FCC Blocky drums, abrupt vocals
6) * Slow starter, grows to be dark, anxious. Late 80s shimmery, reverb-filled guitar ala the Cure.
7) Brighter effects on guitars. She does some nice stuff with her voice on this one.
8) Quiet – just vox and gentle guitar.
9) * Dancey rhythm, varied pace.
10) Almost lullaby slow with faster part toward end.
11) Here’s some tambourine.
12) Interesting syncopation, otherwise more of same.
13) * Strummy, slow, lots of reverb.
|1.||The Beach||7.||The Mary|
|2.||On Man!||8.||Hurt Hawk|
|3.||Safety City||9.||Gin Divide Us|
|4.||Got Nothing||10.||Nap King|
|5.||Burnout Babies||11.||Olde Tyme E|
|6.||Something About A Darkhorse Or Whatever||12.||Saint Veronica|
|13.||The Beach Is Where The Ocean Goes To Die|