|Origin / Antithesis|
|Add Date:||2008-11-09||Pull Date:||2009-01-11||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec|
|1.||Dec 20, 2008:||too heavy for titanium |
|3.||Dec 06, 2008:||too heavy for titanium |
|2.||Dec 13, 2008:||too heavy for titanium |
|4.||Dec 04, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
ORIGIN - "Antithesis" CD (Relapse)|
Ridiculously techy death metal. Brutal, fast, heavy songs with millions of changes. They never let up and never sit still. The drums sound more human than most techy metal bands, guitar solos are often nice and not overly techy (even if they sweep pick a lot during the songs), and vocals are varied. This is their 4th album. The vocalist sang with VILE but two other members also sing once in a while. The drummer has been in THE RED CHORD, EXHUMED and DIM MAK. If you like things like HATE ETERNAL or DECREPIT BIRTH or if you like it VERY heavy check this out.
1. Very quick with very fast drums and short riffs. Umm...sick call and response vocals. Amazing production with bass all over the place. Simple heavy breakdown and classic metal solo.
**2. And you thought they couldn't play faster? Multiple vocalists singing at the same time. Evil sounding.
3. Somewhat standard death metal groove. Not as fast.
**4. Insane stop-n-go that almost sound fake. The focus is on heavy and less on tech playing.
5. Horror movie sounds into quick death metal. Some speed changes and odd rhythms.
6. Repeated phrases with sweep picking. Nice sorta breakdown back into brutal death metal.
**8. Discordant guitar chords and menacing. Not as fast. After a minute or so they kick into overdrive and pummel you into the ground.
9. More melody in the guitar and lots of changes with a nice ending.
10. Very progressive metal sounding. Long.
Good stuff. -mph
|1.||The Aftermath||6.||The Appalling|
|4.||Wrath Of Vishnu||9.||The Beyond Within|