|Add Date:||2008-06-01||Pull Date:||2008-08-03||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 20||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 22||Jun 15||Jun 8|
|1.||Aug 04, 2013:||New World Disorder
|4.||Aug 01, 2009:||Music Casserole
Capoeira Dub, Itaparica
|2.||May 31, 2011:||broken flowers
|5.||Aug 02, 2008:||New World Disorder
Rain (Feat. Sparlha)
|3.||Mar 13, 2010:||Music Casserole
|6.||Jul 26, 2008:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/28.08
Percussion heavy electronic dub by a couple of Brazilians. Not at all roots Reggae, but lots and lots of hand drums and percussion. Recorded in New Zealand and Oakland.
No FCCs. Track 4 is bitchen.
1. 0:44 fast hand drums fade in, girl says “mmm, that’s nice” and the drums fade out again.
2. 3:09 **spoons, drums, a bit of bass and vocal effects, midtempo, a bit funky.
3. 6:25 ***complicated percussion, midtempo, electronics. Cuica!
4. 3:40 ****hand drums and berembao and thick dub. Tasty!
5. 3:00 **electronic squeeps, fast electronic beat and spoken word in Brazilian Portuguese.
6. 4:28 *sort of a… disco beat? Processed speaking in English. Some rubber band funk – best feature is the probably unintentional silliness.
7. 4:00 ***fast hand drums, and lots of thick dubby sounds of all kinds.
8. 4:20 **midtempo hand drums and funky bass, bits of squeeps, chanting in Brazilian and English (it definitely sounds better in Brazilian!)
9. 4:17 *midtempo squonks, hand drums, sound samples, electric guitar, rather obnoxious female speaking in English. Loses a star because of her…
10. 4:20 **syncopated percussion and fretless bass, jazzy keyboards, kid giggling.
11. 4:54 ***rather uptempo mamboistic dub with prominent bass.
12. 3:25 ***starts with bits of processed vocals in English, then funky hand drums and electronics.
|1.||Intro||7.||Rain (Feat. Sparlha)|
|2.||Essa Nega||8.||Mexe Menina|
|3.||Itaparica||9.||How U Like (Feat. Jeana)|
|5.||Funk Da Chupeta||11.||Gold Coast|
|6.||Future Is Now||12.||Mexe Menina (Maaka Phat Mix)|