|Orchestra Baobab / Made In Dakar|
|Album:||Made In Dakar||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Orchestra Baobab||Added:||Jun 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-06-15||Pull Date:||2008-08-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 17||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 22|
|1.||Apr 20, 2022:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2017) |
|4.||Dec 25, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Sweatpants! |
|2.||Feb 18, 2022:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2017) |
|5.||Jan 07, 2014:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
|3.||Mar 01, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jan 23, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
From Senegal, a warm and wonderful melding of Cuba and Africa. A mix of Latin influences and rumba, highlife, calypso, and soul. Hip guitars, bright brass work, warm vocals. You can’t go wrong with any track.|
1. Midtempo griot-infused highlife. Swaying and delicious.
2. Hip guitar intro, a warm midtempo bounce w/a light funk.
3. Brassy but relaxed Afropop/jazz w/some great guitar work.
4. Lightly upbeat salsa-mbalax blend w/cool guitar/vocals.
5. Lazy, very Cuban sway w/good use of chorus.
6. Upbeat wiggle w/extra good percussion/guitar/vox/trumpet.
7. Sweet retro rumba with a wonderful, warm sway.
8. Soaring vocals, great guitar, percussion. Mid/upbeat.
9. Upbeat dance w/some great vocals & a catchy energy.
10. Sweet sax, relaxed calypso-spiced melody w/warm vocals.
11. Extra hip soul/jazz/reggae blend, midtempo & way too cool.
|3.||Beni Baraale||8.||Ndeleng Ndeleng|
|4.||Ami Kita Bay||9.||Jirim|