|Elephant Man / Let's Get Physical|
|Album:||Let's Get Physical||Collection:||Reggae|
|Label:||Bad Boy Records|
|Add Date:||2008-06-22||Pull Date:||2008-08-24||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||17 Aug||10 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun|
|1.||Aug 16, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Five-O (Feat Wyclef And P. Diddy)
|4.||Jul 19, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Aug 09, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Dem Nah Ready
|5.||Jul 10, 2008:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
Five-O (Remix) (Feat. Wyclef, Swizz Beatz, Assassin, Yung Doc, P. Diddy)
|3.||Jul 26, 2008:||New World Disorder |
The Way We Roll (Remix) (Feat. Busta Rhymes And Shaggy)
|6.||Jul 09, 2008:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
Elephant Man – Let’s Get Physical|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/14/08
Dancehall from the Energy God thereof. Most tracks are dance/sex oriented – there are some quite naughty moments but you can’t tell what he’s saying 90% of the time… As far as I can tell, some actual Bad Words have been expunged already.
FCCs on track 12, naughty talk on 11, and “pussy” (as in assbite) on 8.
Track 5 and 14 great, track 9 and the remix of track 5 almost as good.
1. 3:09 **spoken intro, hyperspeed dancehall (actually feels like soca), I can’t make out any lyrics apart from repeated “Drop Dead”.
2. 3:43 ***midtempo syncopated riddim, odd vocalizations and lyrics.
3. 3:40 *double tempo dancehall, quite commercial chorus and processed vocals.
4. 3:19 **very bouncy midtempo riddim, dance number – great vocals by EM, less great guest vocals by Rihanna.
5. 4:40 *****midtempo skank, terrific anti-cop diatribe, very famous guests. Same as a cut we already have, but with a spoken blessing (for lack of better term) added.
6. 3:08 **crazed beats and vocals – fractured and aggressive.
7. 3:13 **midtempo dancehall riddim, all about shaking your booty while dancing.
8. 3:08 **slow dancehall skank, modern world diatribe with some processed vocals but mostly dancehall. (Chorus uses “pussy” in the dancehall sense of someone we don’t like..)
9. 4:11 ****uptempo and energetic dancehall, almost unintelligible lyrics, but they sound great. Obviously top ranking guests.
10. 3:19 *midtempo syncopated dancehall, another song about shaking your booty. Fun percussion at end.
11. 4:04 (FCC – some quite overt bits) grotty BET female vocals, although it’s a rather amusing take on the Olivia Newton John original. I wouldn’t play this, but it cracks me up…
12. 3:07 FCCs – “fuck” all ova da place. *dramatic riddim, it’s a party in my pants lyrics.
13. 4:05 ****remix of 5 (just in case you were confused, says “this is the remix” in the intro. Lots of extra raps.
14. 3:27 *****odd chiming riddim, crazy and indecipherable lyrics.