|Pollard, Robert / Is Off To Business|
|Album:||Is Off To Business||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Guided By Voices|
|Add Date:||2009-01-18||Pull Date:||2009-03-22|
|Week Ending:||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Feb 10, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Feb 27, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Oct 30, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Nov 21, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Jul 10, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Jun 20, 2014:||Time Traveler |
Pollard pulls off an accessible and unified album of 10 songs. Almost all the songs clock in at over 3 minutes! As ever, it is catchy power pop/rock with unusual twists scattered throughout. This one reminds me more of GBVs Do the Collapse than any of his recent solo stuff. I like this, easy on the ears, good on the first listen. Play 4, 5, 2|
1) Simple and catchy. 70s power sound.
2) Watch out it's a ballad! Nice melody with off-kilter vocals.
3) Nice beat. A bit 'o distortion, but still pretty clean.
4) Super hi-fi sound that sounds good. Dig it.
5) You can tell he's rockin' out in this one. Heaviest track.
6) Longest track, varied & kinda interesting.
7) Starts off soft, ends with superb heavy, fuzzed out guitar.
8) Moody classic rock
9) That frantic opening guitar done Pollard-style
10) Summery acoustic ballad
|1.||The Original Heart||6.||Weatherman And Skin Goddess|
|2.||The Blondes||7.||Confessions Of A Teenage Jerk-Off|
|3.||1 Years Old||8.||To The Path!|
|4.||Gratification To Concrete||9.||Western Centipede|
|5.||No One But I||10.||Wealth And Hell Being|