Pollard pulls off an accessible and unified album of 10 songs. Almost all the songs clock in at over 3 minutes! As ever, it is catchy power pop/rock with unusual twists scattered throughout. This one reminds me more of GBVs Do the Collapse than any of his recent solo stuff. I like this, easy on the ears, good on the first listen. Play 4, 5, 2
1) Simple and catchy. 70s power sound.
2) Watch out it's a ballad! Nice melody with off-kilter vocals.
3) Nice beat. A bit 'o distortion, but still pretty clean.
4) Super hi-fi sound that sounds good. Dig it.
5) You can tell he's rockin' out in this one. Heaviest track.
6) Longest track, varied & kinda interesting.
7) Starts off soft, ends with superb heavy, fuzzed out guitar.
8) Moody classic rock
9) That frantic opening guitar done Pollard-style
10) Summery acoustic ballad