|Various Artists / Rainbow Destroyer: Compilation #1|
|Album:||Rainbow Destroyer: Compilation #1||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Rainbow Morning Music|
|Add Date:||2009-03-08||Pull Date:||2009-05-10||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||10 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar|
|1.||Sat, 19 Mar 11:||Eme O|
|4.||Thu, 07 May 09:||Gears|
|2.||Thu, 11 Mar 10:||Alma Mahler|
The Value Machine
|5.||Sun, 19 Apr 09:||timm|
Tim Show v2
|3.||Mon, 04 Jan 10:||Kremit The Horn|
Emphysema For Babies
|6.||Sun, 12 Apr 09:||SASQUATCH|
The Twlight Zone
Collection of indie pop tracks, some electronica, some more experimental stuff. All artists are members of, or are connected to, the Rainbow Destroyer Collective of Pitzer College. All surprisingly good. Start with 3, 4, 16, 10, 6. FCC track 6, |
1) Strums, some drums & interesting vocoder distortion. Short, 1:01.
2) Nice melody with noisy electronic blips and lotsa guitar feedback.
3)* Cohesive track - drum machine, electronics and guitar w/ male vocals.
4)* Pretty pop ambience. Elements of Trembling Blue Stars, the Cure.
5)Ecstatic midi pop – loud, fast.
6)* (FCC “fuck”) E-pop that sounds like Jesus and Mary Chain
7) Good rhythm & beat, but unfortunate sound quality.
8) Indie rock – Blah vocals & lyrics.
9) Pop - interesting hook punctuated by harsh keyboard noise, screams.
10) * Begins as noisy drone, moves into heavy distorted rock. Sampled, screwed rap vocals.
11) Catchy pop, same artist as #6. Watch for chipmunk backup vocals.
12) Heavy drums & guitar feedback – interesting short track
13) Pop rock – unmemorable
14) Electronica – fast-paced, sparkly – no vocals.
15) Drum’n bass beat, interesting piano melody overlaid – no vocals.
16) * Strong indie pop. Faint beginning, male vocals like Calvin Johnson.
17) Faint piano & male vocals.
18) Noisy, Art-audio-sculpture thing. Starts with sampled classical tune, moves into harsh screeching guitars & harmonica. Male vocals like Daniel Johnston.