|Pinker Tones, The / Wild Animals|
|Artist:||Pinker Tones, The||Added:||07/2008|
|Add Date:||2008-07-13||Pull Date:||2008-09-14||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 09 Dec 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio COP TALK
|4.||Thu, 30 Jun 11:||MCarmen|
|2.||Sat, 14 Jul 12:||ETN|
|5.||Sat, 30 Aug 08:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Thu, 07 Jul 11:||MCarmen|
|6.||Mon, 25 Aug 08:||michaelu|
Now's the time
The Pinker Tones – Wild Animals|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/4/08
Pop electronica, often with a funky beat, with vocals in several languages, done by a pair of brothers from Barcelona. Often quite silly with major retro influences, but they kind of suck you into the goofy fun, and they are certainly musically competent. I have to say that I like their earlier records better, but this one still has lots of high points.
No FCCs detected. I like 1, 5 and 11 best.
1. 4:50 ****vocal harmonies somewhere between Gregorian chants and Beach Boys, then midtempo funky bounce.
2. 4:33 *totally 80’s, and a concept from the 50’s. Fun beat, though.
3. 3:09 *electronics and vocal harmonies, then acoustic guitar and sexy French speaking, pat phrases. Then a kind of 60’s pop waltz with English vocals.
4. 3:53 ***super jaunty electronic strut with a Caribbean feel. It’s rather silly, but so much fun.
5. 3:22 ****midtempo with bass and squeeps, lovely vocals in Spanish by Amparo of Amparanoia.
6. 3:48 *lots of electronics, a bit glitchy, wordless vocals.
7. 2:58 **bass-driven funky beat, semi-meaningful English lyrics.
8. 3:50 *mellow acoustic guitar and vibes, bit of samba feel. Lyricless vocals, cuica!
9. 4:15 ***downtempo relaxed funky groove, ironic lyrics.
10. 2:22 **midtempo 80’s sounding electronics, German vocals.
11. 4:15 ****doubletime slinky groove, falsetto soul vocals about being bees. Ends several seconds early.
12. 1:46 *acoustic guitar and Beach Boys-style lyricless vocals.
|3.||On Se Promenait||9.||Happy Everywhere|
|4.||The Whistling Song||10.||Wilde Eleganz|