|Frisky Frolics, The / Tin Pan Alley Troubadours|
|Album:||Tin Pan Alley Troubadours||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Frisky Frolics, The||Added:||07/2008|
|Add Date:||2008-07-13||Pull Date:||2008-09-14||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 14 Oct 14:||Trish|
Jump, Jive, & Jazz
|4.||Thu, 13 Jan 11:||Hervey Okkles (themed)|
Buford J. Sharkley's Battalion of Kazoos
|2.||Tue, 22 Jul 14:||Zoe Morgan|
|5.||Tue, 25 May 10:||Red West|
|3.||Fri, 08 Jun 12:||Fo|
No Cover, No Minimum
|6.||Sat, 25 Apr 09:||Eme O|
Kitchy-retro fun from this local band with lots of delicious tongue-in-cheek renditions of classic Depression-era songs. Ukulele, untrained but charmingly engaging vocals, and piano, sax, clarinet, guitar, bass (plus kazoo!) all very well played and everyone gets a chance to shine. Every track worth a playl Makes you want to put on your raccoon coat and straw hat. 23 Skidoo!|
1. Nicely bouncy uke, sax & vocals. A total toe-tapper.
2. Bright and warm with sweet solos. Love that kazoo!
3. Relaxed, almost lazy with good use of sax/clarinet/guitar.
4. Upbeat and catchy, good showcase for guitar.
5. Relaxed love song w/a “college revue serenade act” feeling.
6. Upbeat fun w/bouncy, innocently-suggestive lyrics.
7. Downtempo (picks up later) w/more than a hint of gypsy jazz.
8. Midtempo sway with a light & frothy air.
9. Relaxed and sleepy nostalgia. So sweet. Love the piano.
10. Midtempo, a good showcase for the sax/strings.
11. Honey’d serenade w/a lazy, late-night feel.
12. Upbeat country-fied bounce, cool clarinet. Great fun.
13. No frills, lazy & charming. Down/midtempo.