|Arnalds, Olafur / Eulogy For Evolution|
|Album:||Eulogy For Evolution||Collection:||Classical|
|Label:||Erased Tapes Records|
|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||24 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr|
|1.||Mar 12, 2014:||minimum entropy |
Distant Street Lights By Codes In The Clouds
|4.||May 23, 2009:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Fok By Olafur Arnalds
|2.||Jun 29, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Vemeer By Aparatec
|5.||May 23, 2009:||Music Casserole |
3055 By Olafur Arnalds
|3.||Jun 09, 2009:||An Analgesic Haze |
Boundaries By Kyte
|6.||May 06, 2009:||KZSU's Heartbleeps |
Autark By Ghostworker
Cinematic orchestral pieces that combine classical instrumentation, ambient electronics, loops, and beats. Simple, stark piano melodies and warm, emotive violins characterize most of the tracks. Promo material compares his sound with Sigur Ros. No vocals. Try 6, 4, 7, 8. Pretty stuff.|
1) Pretty, but sounds like the closing credits to the Young and the Restless.
2) Piano focus, swelling strings enter & leave in fits & starts. Faint echo-y ambience in the background.
3) Violin focus, return to melody of track 1.
4) * This track has a beautiful arc. Interesting piano tones. Last 25 secs is almost inaudible ambience.
5) This one has some powerful, dark moments. Very evocative – you can almost see the thrilling drama unfold.
6) ** Ocean, wind soundscape, a softer variation of the melody in track 1,3. Drums enter ~3:30.
7) * Just cello - beautiful
8) * Post-rock out of nowhere.