|Various Artists / Global Rhythm: August/September 2008|
|Album:||Global Rhythm: August/September 2008||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-09-28||Pull Date:||2008-11-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19||Oct 12|
|1.||Oct 22, 2022:||Music Casserole |
The Butcher Of Bessarabia, Arabian Waltz
|4.||Jul 21, 2014:||Global Rhythm |
|2.||Jan 03, 2019:||oatmeal for lunch |
Hum Jaisa Na Dekha
|5.||Feb 19, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jan 18, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Nov 25, 2008:||The Rent Party |
Music from all over the map – both literally and musically. Good stuff. From Global Rhythm magazine.|
*1. Wicked good polyrhythmic waltz from Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble. Instrumental, mid/upbeat, fiery and fabulous.
2. Guitar, bass, and Chinese pipa. Jazz-infused down/mid ramble.
3. Stars w/old recording of men singing, then Chinese electro pop w/fem vocals. Down/midtempo.
*4. Sitar, synths, horn & fem vox, swirling mid/up funk/pop/
5. A 5-piece ensemble w/lead Oud mostly midtempo Mid/Eastern folk
*6. Delicious Afro-bossa-jazz blend. Cool vocals & lots of style.
7. Percussion solos, free jazz w/hint of Native American. Mostly mid.
8. Lively flamenco-inspired journey, mostly midtempo.
9. Chill out Latin lounge, mid/upbeat and very Miami hip.
10. Crazy fiddle jam, like a gypsy band on speed. Yow!