|Miss Murgatroid & Petra Haden / Hearts & Daggers|
|Album:||Hearts & Daggers||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Miss Murgatroid & Petra Haden||Added:||08/2008|
|Label:||File Under Music|
|Add Date:||2008-08-31||Pull Date:||2008-11-02|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep|
|1.||May 06, 2022:||Traditions |
|4.||Apr 14, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave |
Ballad For Anne Bonney, Baroque Lullaby
|2.||Jun 08, 2010:||Storytelling/Spider Rave |
|5.||Oct 30, 2008:||The Sonic Bubble |
See Me See Me
|3.||May 19, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave |
|6.||Oct 16, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
Miss Murgatroid & Petra Haden/Hearts & Daggers/File Under Music/2008|
Miss Murgatroid aka Alica J. Rose and the lovely Petra Haden take their strengths (gorgeous orchestrations of accordion, violin and vocals) and put them to excellent use. Haden, daughter of the legendary bassist Charlie Haden, in tandem with Portland art and music photographer and accordionist Rose. This release would fit well in several bins at your local record establishment, but as their label suggests, file it under music. An excellent release and all tracks shine in their individual ways (see below). Reviewed by Andrea.
1) 4:10 Slow full vocalizations with accordion and violin as the backdrop.
2) 2:59 mid to uptempo weaves back and forth between slow and solemn and light and delightful,gorgeous slight indie pop vibe.
3) 4:55 slow, vocals and instruments again playing with one another a la Meredith Monk and Laurie Anderson. Actual vocals in this one.
4) 4:02 Mid, great accordion beat in the beginning with the violin in the background, then it all breaks slowly and lusciously down. My favorite track, makes the heart happy.
5) 3:48 Slow and then builds in a lovely poppy pretty yet eerie way. Incredible Ending..whoa.
6) 4:21 Slow. This track is like watching someone’s brain as they dream a lovely, tragic, exotic, erotic dream with dwarves. God I love this album.
7) 3:52 Slow and deeply orchestral a lovely sad.
8) 3:49 Mid, starts with thunder has an almost fairytale ballad. Perky eerie moments. Ends abruptly
9) 5:06 Mid, starts with light vocals as percussion then gives over to drum machine and delight.
|1.||We Formulate||5.||See Me See Me|
|2.||Hummingbird||6.||Theme For The Sleepless|
|3.||Fade Away||7.||Something's Wrong|
|4.||Baroque Lullaby||8.||Ballad For Anne Bonney|