|Zomes / Zomes|
|Add Date:||2008-12-07||Pull Date:||2009-02-08||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25||Jan 18||Jan 11||Jan 4||Dec 28||Dec 21|
|1.||Jun 10, 2009:||Brownian Motion Sub |
|4.||Feb 01, 2009:||Music to Make Babies To |
|2.||Feb 07, 2009:||Lost and Found |
|5.||Jan 28, 2009:||Hand Wash in Coleslaw |
Organ Passage, Clear Shapes
|3.||Feb 04, 2009:||Baptism of Solitude |
Night Signs, Zomes
|6.||Jan 24, 2009:||Bloodstains Across Atherton (card subject to change) |
ZOMES - "Zomes" CD (Holy Mountain)|
A one person project of drones. ASA OSBORNE who is part of PUPILS and LUNGFISH is doing everything on this disc as far as I can tell. There are no vocals, the music rarely gets loud and it's mostly guitar and organ. The pace is wonderfully slow as the tracks drone away. Lots of tracks that sound like loops on one riff. Dreamy, almost psychedelic at times, stoned meditative loops.
**1. Quiet beginning as distorted organ fades in. Rudimentary drums show up. Simple and wonderful.
**2. Nice repetitive simple guitar. Reminds me a little of SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE.
3. Basic drums and I can't tell if that's organ or guitar or both.
4. I can hear the repetition and tone from the PUPILS. Simple organ riff repeated.
5. Noisier loop or organ, guitar and drums.
6. Distorted but not loud organ. Less loop-like.
**7. Rock. Drums, guitar riff and organ. Again I can hear the PUPILS.
8. Muffled drums and organ.
9. Slow, minimal. Organ or guitar?
10. More muffled drums. Psych pop instrumental. Guitar and organ.
11. Organ and drum loop.
12. Guitar loop
13. Louder and more distorted organ and drums.
14. Starts quiet. Organ, drums and guitar fade in.
15. A bit more pop but still an organ and drum loop
**16. Slow organ and drums.
Good stuff. -mph
|2.||Night Signs||10.||Peace Patterns|
|3.||Sentient Beings||11.||Cosmovital Force|
|4.||Colored Matter||12.||Membranous Planes|
|6.||Organ Passage||14.||All Together|
|7.||Clear Shapes||15.||Immanent Songs|
|8.||Black Magic Band||16.||Near Unison|