|Polysics / We Ate The Machine|
|Album:||We Ate The Machine||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-09-14||Pull Date:||2008-11-16|
|Week Ending:||16 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep|
|1.||Aug 08, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|4.||Oct 14, 2008:||MusicTime! |
|2.||Nov 15, 2008:||Lost and Found |
|5.||Oct 09, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Oct 22, 2008:||Orangeasm |
|6.||Oct 05, 2008:||After Chief |
Polysics – We Ate the Machine|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/5/08
Completely manic and over the top New Wave/Metal/Devo/Punk with a healthy backing in J-Pop. Absolutely bonkers – will have you bouncing off walls and possibly trying to bash your brains out on them as well.
No FCCs detected, but they could be saying just about anything…
I like everything immensely; probably 2, 7 and 11 the most.
1. 3:34 ***heavy metal meets 80’s New Wave. Fast and robotic, except for the voice and guitar. Well, most of the voice… Crazy rubber band guitar solo!
2. 3:04 ****frantic rock ‘n’ roll piano and punk guitar and a hint of surf… and 70’s glam/prog, maybe… synth that makes Roxy-era Brian Eno seem normal.
3. 2:58 ***80’s New Wave electronic goofiness/video game music with female backing chorus – very J-Pop, simple fun.
4. 2:56 **video game noises, bit of fast heavy metal riff. Manic and screamy, until slow drum beat ending.
5. 3:24 ***plinky piano and New Wave, very 80’s vocal stylings. Some of the piano sounds like early Bowie stuff.
6. 2:58 **ultrafast Devo meets… Alvin and the Chipmunks, I guess.
7. 3:12 ****Ramones in a battle with the robots. Kinda metal moments.
8. 3:22 ***squeeepy electronic insects (FUNKY insects), then punk-metal. Keen!
9. 4:42 **fast, a bit funky, and very sincere vocals. bass and keyboard lines going in different directions. 80’s female chorus.
10. 3:00 ***Devo/Eno/Devoto, adorable chorus and keyboards
11. 3:22 ****mad fast Devo keyboard with lunatic vocals, nice bottom end. Totally bat-fuck nuts.
12. 3:06 **big Rock bass and guitar, until the robot birds come back. Ayeee! The Birds! The Birds!
13. 3:20 *bit o’ glitch, then midtempo (!) electronics and processed vocals.
14. 3:24 ***plinks and manic metal and New Wave and lunacy.
|1.||Moog Is Love||8.||Arigato|
|3.||Rocket||10.||Mind Your Head|
|4.||I Ate The Machine||11.||Digital Coffee|
|5.||Dna Junction||12.||Boys & Girls|
|7.||Pony & Lion||14.||Dry Or Wet|