|Final Solution, The / Brotherman, Ost|
|Album:||Brotherman, Ost||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Final Solution, The||Added:||09/2008|
|Label:||The Numero Group|
|Add Date:||2008-09-21||Pull Date:||2008-11-23||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep|
|1.||Nov 23, 2008:||What? |
Theme From Brotherman
|4.||Oct 23, 2008:||The Acid Test |
Never Coming Back Again
|2.||Oct 30, 2008:||press and release |
|5.||Oct 21, 2008:||Mmmm...Tastes Like Candy |
Never Coming Back Again
|3.||Oct 23, 2008:||A2Z |
|6.||Oct 14, 2008:||Mmmm...Tastes Like Candy |
No Place To Run
The Final Solution "Brotherman OST" – Funky soundtrack to a blaxploitation film that was never made. One of the few recordings this Chicago group (The Final Solution) ever made. They recorded 2 instrumentals with a full band, but all the other songs were just slightly fancier than demos. The vocals are great with their 4-part harmonies and the music is great with its simplicity. The bass is heavy and funky and the guitar is so jangley!! The songs range from political/social topics to love songs. After sitting in closets for 30 years we finally get to hear the soundtrack for the film that never was. Extensive liner notes give more info on the band and the movie. Great stuff!! Fcc clean.|
My Picks: 1, 2, 7, 12
Katie P. 9/2/08
1) Steady walking midtempo beat. Jangley guitars, funky bass line and layered male vocals.
2) Uptempo and funky. Jangley guitars and hi-hat. Male vocals are layered, some are falsetto. Lyrics are very repetitive, but it mostly creates a mood.
3) Slower midtempo. Laid-back and carefree. Cute love song.
4) Midtempo with a funky moody guitar. A bit bouncy, fun love song.
5) Laid-back midtempo. Jangley guitars and the usual male vocal harmonies (4-part). Pleading.
6) Slow ballad. Male falsetto vocals mostly out front. Guitar is strangely quite jangley in this one.
7) Solid midtempo. Fun funky bounce.
8) Slower midtempo. Sweet love song with 4-part male harmonies.
9) Slow ballad with simple guitar strumming and tambourine. Great 4-part harmonies. Hopeful.
10) Light and bouncy midtempo. Empowering message with a funky beat. Reminds me a little of the Staples Singers.
11) Instrumental. Full, all-out theme. Has full orchestration along with wah-wah guitar, heavy bass, and horns. Almost has a cinematic western feel to it at times and then switches back to more funk.
12) Instrumental. Starts with fast hi-hat and horns along with a steady faster midtempo beat. Heavy funky bass with a couple guitars layered in. High energy.
|1.||Brotherman||7.||I'm Ready For Love|
|2.||Never Coming Back Again||8.||To See You Again|
|3.||I Don't Care||9.||We Can Work It Out|
|4.||Girl In My Life||10.||Where There's A Will|
|5.||Gotta Get Through To You||11.||Theme From Brotherman|
|6.||One Day||12.||No Place To Run|