|Add Date:||2008-09-21||Pull Date:||2008-11-23||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Oct 12||Sep 28|
|1.||Nov 22, 2022:||The Doghouse
Sing Jay Stylee
|4.||Nov 08, 2008:||New World Disorder
Let Me In
|2.||Nov 22, 2008:||New World Disorder
Jealousy Heartache And Pain
|5.||Oct 09, 2008:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon
Dub Specialist - Luanda
|3.||Nov 15, 2008:||New World Disorder
Can't Buy Love
|6.||Oct 07, 2008:||It's on kidS!
We Need Love
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/10/08
Roots rock reggae on the cusp of Dancehall, fine underappreciated singer. Classic and distinctive Studio One riddims from back in the golden era of Reggae, strong singing with high, tight backing harmonies. The 6 bonus tracks are fine additions to an already great album.
No FCCs detected, I like 8, 10 best (but all are worthwhile.)
1. ***midtempo roots bubble – early dancehall style. Vocal harmonies, simple instrumentation, classic style.
2. ***slow, bluesy intro, uptempo bubble, rather distant vocals.
3. ***uptempo Lover’s Rock, unison vocals, very old school, antique sound.
4. **midtempo bubble, sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom (in a GOOD way…) High, tight backing vocals.
5. ***midtempo Lover’s Rock skank, vocal harmonies, classic riddim, positive message.
6. *midtempo soul lite bubble – so 70’s! Gnarly farfisa solo.
7. ***simple and cool midtempo Lover’s Rock riddim, tight harmonies.
8. ****uptempo swingy riddim, rub-a-dub vocals – roots of dancehall, nice up de dance!
9. *uptempo bubble (not the best riddim on the record), devout religious lyrics.
10. ****midtempo skank, danceable and groovy, fun backing vocals, stuttering guitar – classic stuff.
11. ***downtempo skank with bluesy harmonica, cool keyboards. Sad, but fine sound.
12. **downtempo keyboard-based instrumental dub skank, healthy dose of 70’s soul sound.
13. ***uptempo bubble, early toasting by lesser-known DJs.
14. ***extended mix of track 1, includes the dub.
15. ***extended mix of track 8, mostly instrumental.
16. ***extended mix of track 3, includes (long and very dubby) dub.