|Various Artists / Francophone Singles: September 2008|
|Album:||Francophone Singles: September 2008||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Sep 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-09-21||Pull Date:||2008-11-23||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5|
|1.||Dec 15, 2021:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from Apr 5, 2017) |
|4.||Jul 14, 2009:||Vive la Revolution! At the Cafe Bohemian Bastille Day Special |
Jamais Seule, Le Petit Cheval
|2.||Apr 05, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Nov 18, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Au Grand Jamais
|3.||May 18, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Nov 09, 2008:||The Pressure Cooker |
Le Petit Cheval
Here are the best of the French singles we received for September from the Francophonie Diffusion network. Music from France and French-speaking countries. Styles range from straight-up French pop to reggae/hip hop, jazz Afro-folk. Since these are hand-picked I can recommend any track.|
1. Loane “Jamais Seule” - Instantly catchy pop w/a relaxed hook and great female vocals.
2. 2. Akim El Sikameya “Ya Waadi” Relaxed Arabic pop with cool acoustic guitar and warm, casual male vocal.
3. Aribo “Le Petit Cheval” Lazy, honey-sweet pop with delicious male vocals and a total happy groove.
4. Neg’Marrons “Petites Iles” (feat. Ceseria Evora). Hip blend of reggae, hip hop, and Afro-Caribbean pop. Midtempo and so good.
5. Marie Cherrier “Apprends-moi a en Rire” Ultra sexy female vocals in a relaxed, midtempo pop sway with great style.
6. Yoanna “Ma Plume” Gritty guitar playful mid/uptempo R&R that's hip and sophisticated.
7. Chet Nuneta “More Sokol Pie” – Wicked tight female harmonies, driving beat, cross between pop and folk that’s way catchy.
8. A Fula’s Call “Lambeh” Gorgeous, slow, haunting. Gentle guitar, beautiful male vocals, flute.
9. Bense “Au Grand Jamais” Harmonica & guitar start this sweet, bouncy, folksy jam with sweet male vocals.
10. Arthur H “Dancing with Madonna” Great, growling male vocals, mid/uptempo and way, way cool. Just a hint of disco.