A 2-disc release recorded live in New York in 1998 (the concert featured in the movie about the group). As fabulous as you’d expect, featuring Ibrahim Ferrer, Compay Segundo, Eliades Ochoa, Omara Portuondo plus good pal Ry Cooder and others. Stylish, sophisticated, absolutely wonderful throughout. (Lots of applause at end of tracks.)
1. You can’t go wrong with Chan Chan. Midtempo, so sexy.
2. Playful, upbeat, lively with a fabulous band & great vocals.
3. An upbeat dance w/wicked good percussion & horns.
4. Such a sexy little cha-cha, delicious and bubble-light.
5. Wonderful piano & perc, mostly midtempo, great jazz.
6. Slow, sensual, achingly romantic. Sigh….
7. Deliciously swaying version of “Quizas, Quizas.” Yum…
8. Wonderful vocal duet, midtempo w/style for days.
1. Sweet, midtempo, & folksy like Cuba meets Hawaii.
2. Relaxed w/that slack key sound again. Great vocals.
3. Lush and romantic w/sweeping piano taking the lead.
4. Upbeat Cuban jazz w/great piano/perc/vocals. Wild.
5. Piano-driven mid love song w/lots of style & some good horns.
6. Midtempo, lyrical, great vocals & percussion. So good.
7. Upbeat and fiery big band sound w/so much energy & flair.
8. Sensual slow dance….a wonderful seduction.