Chilean folk music played with style and flair. Acoustic instruments like charango (small guitar made from armadillo shell), quena (flute), panpipes, harp, and drums. Read the extensive notes for fascinating info on songs & performers. An impressive variety of songs, all good. Especially these:
1. Upbeat, bouncy M-F vocal duet w/ bright strings.
2. Relaxed acoustic guitar intro, warm, emotional male vocals.
4. Bright, midtempo flute/guitar intro, male vox. Warm and swaying.
7. Relaxed, sweet guitar F-M vocal duet. Midtempo but sad.
9. Bright, toe-tapping harp/perc/guitar & happy vocals.
10. Slow, soaring crystal-sweet fem vocals, male backup, guitar. Sad.
13. Male vocals, guitars, downtempo but lyrical and elegant.
15. Sweet, romantic, ballad. Warm male vocal, gentle strings.
16. A celebration song about friends, wine, good food. Lots of joy.
17. Lightly tripping, bouncy a light and happy thing.
19. Midtempo Andean sound w/accordion, flute, strings. Pretty.
24. Starts w/conversation, then a sax! A retro midtempo sway. Cool!
25. Slow panflute, soaring vox, strings. A relaxed song of the land.