|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14|
|Week Ending:||May 10||Apr 19|
|1.||May 03, 2009:||The Twilight Zone
Pies In My Eyes Over You
|2.||Apr 15, 2009:||The Songsmith Show
Lyin' To The Devil
For fans of: Billy Bragg, Woody Guthrie.
FCC violation on Track 14.
**1. (3:29) A funeral dirge complete with drum beat for march and haunting tuba.
2. (4:08) Warbled electric guitar heavy on reburb and whisper sung vocals.
***3. (4:15) Sing-a-long melody over acoustic guitar. Rhymes euphonium with pandemonium and has a verse about M&M colors.
4. (3:09) Piano protest song with loose rhyme scheme.
***5. (4:14) Bluesy trio piece with discs best lyric “You make me lose my moral compass.”
** 6. (2:42) Folk acoustic guitar with hooky chorus.
7. (3:45) Electric guitar with brush of drums. Song of love and Satan.
** 8. (3:48) Harmonica, organ and guitar with suggestive lyrics. “Whiskeytown… How you make the girls go down.”
9. (3:05) Whiny even for Lefty. Disappointing for a song called “Sex Nurse”
10. (1:45) Acoustic guitar with vocals that sound like they were recorded in the shower.
**11. (4:12) Paranoid rant of a song over drowsy piano and mandolin with bird sounds.
*12. (3:15) Acoustic guitar with nursery-rhyme lyrics.
**13. (3:50) Electro beat and drum machine with guitar sample. Disc’s most experimental track about religion.
14. (2:45) FCC Violation audible offensive language. Vindictive vs. lovers and pols.
*15. (2:45) Folk hoedown rhythm you could dance to with happy lyrics.
***16. (3:55) Haunting lyrics and Jones most nuances vocal performance.
17. (2:17) Pretty solo acoustic guitar with perhaps tambourine taps.
18. (3:51) Softly moaned love song with picked acoustic guitar.
19. (2:36) Guitar strumming and picking and vocals.
*20. (2:51) Could have been the opening number at an Obama rally. “Give me love and give me hope/ Give us leaders with a brain.”
21. (2:58) Another acoustic guitar with vocals.
**22. (3:09) Folk ballad style makes this one sound like a traditional number.
***23. (3:06) Gospel-style sinner’s last lament with free-association feel.
24. (2:53) Vocal riffs about strange dream over jazzy upright bass.
|1.||My Holy Roller||13.||Buddah, Buddah, Baby|
|2.||Hot Cream Tarts, La La||14.||Freight Train Redux|
|3.||Pandamonium||15.||You Won't Worry Me|
|4.||Thought For The Day||16.||Eddy's Tree|
|5.||Pies In My Eyes Over You||17.||Fill 'er Up|
|6.||That Ain't Worryin' Me||18.||Roadway Of Your Love|
|7.||Lyin' To The Devil||19.||No Dumb Kids|
|8.||Whiskey Town||20.||Give Me Love|
|9.||Sex Nurse||21.||Hear No Evil|
|10.||Uncle Bill||22.||Porch Guitar|
|11.||If You Die Dreaming||23.||One More Pardon|
|12.||Red-Light Town||24.||Everybody's Grandma|