|Deer Tick / War Elephant|
|Add Date:||2008-11-30||Pull Date:||2009-02-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||28 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec|
|1.||Wed, 09 Jan 19:||Goggles Greg|
|4.||Fri, 03 May 13:||Baby Gap|
|2.||Wed, 07 Nov 18:||Goggles Greg|
|5.||Thu, 31 Jan 13:||Lil' Lolo|
The Show with T-Lex and Lolo
|3.||Tue, 23 May 17:||Sarah Bellum|
That's Not Bluegrass.
|6.||Fri, 18 Jan 13:||Baby Gap|
Debut album of Americana/ old-sounding country/ rockabilly(ish stuff) from young Rhode Island-based John McCauley. This is definitely not the normal alt-country stuff that comes out a young songwriter. I'm a fan.|
My picks: 1, 6, 7, 8, 13 FCC: clean
1. med-fast. fingerpicked guitar and voice. later, bass, strings, harmonies and upbeat drums. lovely tune.
2. mid tempo. classic sound (rockibilly or classic country influenced).
3. mid tempo. rough southern rock. electric guitar and drums.
4. med-slow. subdued vocals and guitar w/ steady drums.
5. mid tempo. electric guitars and drums, but fairly subdued. has a bit of a swing to it.
6. slow guitar fingerpicking in waltz time. great vocal melody.
7. med-slow. bluesy. acoustic guitar fingerpicking + electric guitar accents. organ, bass later.
8. med-fast. train song (rhythm and lyrics). a great story song about getting to someone anyway one has to.
9. med-slow. dark, bluesey, rough guitars and, at times, torn-up vocals.
10. mid tempo. country-jazz swing.
11. med-fast. fingerpicked guitar and upbeat bass/ drums.
12. slow. rougher and more swagger than a ballad.
13. slow. dark, heavy bass dominates first part of the song. anguished vocals. I like it but it may be a bit much for some shows.
14. med-slow. dissonant strings at the beginning. goes into classic sounding ballad.