|Fannypack / Ghetto Bootleg|
|Add Date:||2008-12-07||Pull Date:||2009-02-08|
|Week Ending:||8 Feb||1 Feb||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec|
|1.||Sat, 26 Sep 15:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 07 Feb 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Sat, 12 Apr 14:||Eme O|
|5.||Fri, 06 Feb 09:||Kremit The Horn|
Emphysema For Emphasis
|3.||Sat, 22 Jun 13:||Eme O|
|6.||Sat, 31 Jan 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Fannypack – Ghetto Bootleg|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/28/08
Remember all those adorable girl hip hop groups from the 80’s? This is just like that, except maybe a harder and more electronic beat. All unison vocals (although the girls themselves are apparently of about every ethnic mixture imaginable.) Great beats, and just plain (often goofy, poppy) fun. If you miss Salt ‘n’ Pepa and the Wee Papa Girls (and like electronic dance music), enjoy the mess outa this!
FCCs on 6 and 7, paybe on 3 although I couldn’t really tell.
1. 3:03 *** midtempo very 80’s hip hop, all beat and vocals. Very infectious.
2. 3:01 *** downtempo, strong beat with bits of bass and guitar and male vocals (are those FCCs? Can anyone tell?)
3. 4:10 ***hard electronics, samples and cobbled sound collage, male vocals.
4. 3:45 ***I hope MC Lyte don’t mind them totally copping her riddim! Goofy, almost kiddie vocals.
5. 1:34 **uptempo, beat only, booty shake lyrics.
6. 2:30 FCC: “shit” **uptempo bleepy electronics, rather misandrous lyrics.
7. 3:27 MANY FCCs ***ha ha! Farty electronics, downtempo (sorry, I’m juvenile – this just cracks me up. Too bad about the FCCs…)
8. 3:55 ****toy instrument riddim, midtempo, syncopated. Love song.
9. 4:08 ****rather uptempo shuffling beat cobbled from all sorts of stuff, rather exotic sound, silly bragging lyrics.
10. 4:58 ***middle eastern guitar intro, old school electronics.
11. 3:12 ***midtempo complicated beat, lyrics making fun of male pickup attempts.
12. 3:31 ***very aggressive riddim, some actual singing. Rather poppy, goofy lyrics, but lots of noise.
13. 3:33 ***rather less metallic riddim but more bounce, same vocals. Nice bit of percussion mid-track.