|Dancer Vs. Politician / A City Half-Lost|
|Add Date:||2009-02-01|| ||Pull Date:||2009-04-05|| |
|Week Ending:||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||8 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb|
Dancer vs. Politician|
Great, low-key, German dream-pop with nice female vocals. The sound is very pleasant, featuring some orchestral accompaniments, nice atmospheric synths / theremin, and both German & English vocals. Overall very mellow and melodic, sometimes sounding like a German Belle & Sebastian, other times reminding me a bit of Beach House.
1) Nice low-key orchestral pop sung in German with female vocals
2) Mellow with some electronica elements, featuring theremin, kind of a dreary beat
3) Clean German vocals that sound severe at times, with shuffling drum beat, repeating plucked guitar, atmospheric theramin sounds.
4) Sung in English, definite Belle and Sebastian sound. Sweet sounding vocals, tambourine, strings, hand claps, orchestral.
** 5) Mellow German singing backed by really nice, dreamy Enoish synths, piano, and accordion, reminds me a little of beach house
6) Back to English, nice dreamy/far away vocals, accordion, & strings with busy drums, Velvet Underground quality to strings
7) Back to German vocals, bouncy rhythm, plenty of strings, and horn solos very reminiscent of Belle and Sebastian
** 8) Staccato synth chords with great mellow vocals and really nice organic synth sounds. Opens up around the 2:30 mark.
9) Dark sound with ominous piano and vocals, sung in English.
***10) Starts sparse with just acoustic guitar, and really nicely sung English vocals, develops into fuller dreamy shoegaze sound.