|School Of Seven Bells / Alpinisms|
|Artist:||School Of Seven Bells||Added:||11/2008|
|Add Date:||2009-02-01||Pull Date:||2009-04-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb|
|1.||Tue, 04 Jun 13:||DJ Moon Buddy|
Heyyy Moon Buddy
|4.||Mon, 24 Jan 11:||glu|
|2.||Thu, 28 Feb 13:||T-Lex|
The Show with T-Lex & Lolo
|5.||Wed, 19 Jan 11:||DJ Truc|
|3.||Wed, 08 Jun 11:||dj noname|
|6.||Fri, 23 Oct 09:||DJ Mittens|
Mittens & Scarves
|Walter E. Gogh|
Haunting and ethereal, School of Seven Bells’ debut album Alpinisms combines the harmonizing voices of two sisters with layered electronic sounds. Lush and textured sounds mix with fuzzy guitars to provide the base for the often chant-like singing. There is an otherworldly feeling to the songs that is dreamy and hypnotic.|
Fun Facts: The bands name refers to a mythical South American school for pickpockets. The Dehenza sisters were previously together in On! Air! Library! and Benjamin Curtis left his brother Brandon behind in the Secret Machines.
All Tracks FCC Clean
1. (3:48) Words blend together over in a spell-like manner in this dreamy opener.
2. (4:41) Sequenced hooks and beats wrap around harmonized vocals.
3. (4:21) Bleeps and squeaks go back and forth with pulsating beats.
4. (4:57) Heavy techno and wailing guitars with dulcet harmonies.
5. (4:18) Piano-infused ballad builds slowly.
6. (4:18) Pulsing drumbeats and sweet, echoing vocals.
7. (4:40) Morse-code beeps and churning guitars build along with the beat.
8. (11:26) Steady drum machine, horn samples, and fuzz loops grow more abstract as the vocals remain sweet and clear.
9. (4:22) Poppy, up-tempo with auto-tuned vocals.
10. (3:06) Deep, bassy track with chanting chorus.
11. (5:09) Lead vocals are joined by vocal samples and bass rich beats.
|1.||Iamundernodisguise||6.||White Elephant Coat|
|2.||Face To Face On High Places||7.||Connjur|
|4.||Wired For Light||9.||Chain|
|5.||For Kalaja Mari||10.||Prince Of Peace|