|Baghdad Rain Project, The / A Call To Heal|
|Album:||A Call To Heal||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Baghdad Rain Project, The||Added:||11/2008|
|Add Date:||2009-02-08||Pull Date:||2009-04-12|
|Week Ending:||15 Mar||8 Mar|
|1.||Mar 14, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Mar 05, 2009:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Mar 13, 2009:||Alan's Air Test |
|4.||Mar 04, 2009:||The Heart of KZSU |
Combining gentle violin, cello, and acoustic guitar playing with soft and harmonious vocals, accented by the occasional oud, tablah, or sitar, A Call to Heal presents a somber yet hopeful perspective on the current state of Iraq. While at times a bit overly dramatic, the vocal styles and instrumentation are beautifully woven into an effective sentimental appeal.|
1. A somewhat upbeat dirge with floating violin highlights.
2. Somber instrumental featuring Rahim Alhaj’s oud playing.
*3. Unsteady female vocals with a creative blend of oud, tablah, cello, viola, and electric guitar.
4. Soft male vocals with a plodding rhythm.
5. Soft, somber elegy lightened slightly by piano highlights.
6. A trumpet and electric guitar add interesting variations to this more upbeat testament to love.
7. More somber male vocals, but with strong percussion and electric guitar reinforcing the chorus.
8. Gentle acoustic guitar strumming and violin backing female vocals.
*9. Delightful sitar and tablah playing complement fluid vocals. Ends somewhat abruptly with about 6 sec. left.
10. More oud, tablah, and sitar creating a dreamy atmosphere.
11. Quiet, gently swaying track with soft male and female vocals.
12. Very short cello and viola instrumental.
13. Sweet and smooth prayer song with progressively building vocals.
|1.||A New Day||7.||The War In My Head|
|2.||Prelude To Rain||8.||Iron Cage|
|3.||Baghdad Rain||9.||Love Is All We Have|
|4.||158,000 Palms||10.||When I Leave This Place|
|5.||I Think I'm Dying||11.||Mother|
|6.||Love Is The Only Word||12.||Baghdad Rain|
|13.||Prayer For Calm|